Dear Friends and Neighbors,
The Legislature is off and running for the 2020 session. Week one is officially in the books. During the even numbered years, the 60-days of session start of at a sprinters pace, rather than a marathon, as we dive right into the work ahead, introduce bills, and begin our time in committee hearings.
I’d like to start this weekly email update with an announcement on our newest communication tool:
Introducing your go-to source for the latest legislative news: The Washington State Ledger | A News Aggregator. I encourage you to bookmark this website (http://waledger.houserepublicans.wa.gov/) so you can always stay up to date on our latest breaking news, current headlines, and more. This is a great resource for news and information.
You’ll often hear buzz phrases from the majority party referencing, “One Washington” and “Putting People First.” However, under their one-party control of Olympia, the facts show that many parts of Washington state have become unsafe, unaffordable and unaccountable. It’s time to expect more.
We believe that Washington state is your home and you should expect more. You should always feel safe in your home and community. You should not have to endure new tax, regulatory and financial burdens that make your home unaffordable. And, you should expect the governor and Legislature to be held accountable for their decisions and results.
When we consider legislation this session, we will look through the lens of: Will this make Washington state, your home, MORE:
We’ve already introduced bills this session that offer solutions to many of our state’s current unsafe, unaffordable and unaccountable issues. Please bookmark this website (http://houserepublicans.wa.gov/our-priorities/) and check back throughout session for updates on our continued efforts to make Washington state safe, affordable and accountable.
Stay up to date!
I’ll be sending these weekly email updates throughout session. They’ll include information on bills I’ve sponsored, or co-sponsored, updates on policy moving through our committees, and ultimately the policies we’ll be voting for or against once we start House floor action. Please ask your family and friends to subscribe. They can do so by clicking here.
I also want to provide you with other helpful links that will keep you informed and updated on the activities happening throughout the Legislature.
- My legislative website | Here you will find my contact information, bio, news releases, email updates, videos, opinion pieces, bills and other information.
- The Washington State Ledger | A news aggregator featuring breaking news, current headlines, policy information, opinions, and more.
- The Current | An online legislative publication from the Washington House Republicans. Click on the link to subscribe.
- Facebook: @wahouserepublicans
- Twitter: @wahousegop
- Instagram: @wahouserepublicans
- TVW | The state’s own version of C-SPAN. TVW broadcasts floor and committee action live, and archives all the action.
- Legislature’s website | You can find bill reports, committee agendas, and information about upcoming activities in the Legislature.
- Capitol Campus activities and events | Come and let your voice be heard! Find a calendar of legislative events here.
Stay in touch with me!
Please feel free to contact my office with any questions, issues or concerns. I’m your voice in Olympia, and I want to hear from you. My Legislative Assistant is Meagan Hillier, and she is happy to assist you.
It’s an honor to serve you.