Home | About Morgan | News & Media | Email Updates | The Ledger | Contact
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Here's what I've heard from you. You want more to be done to ensure your communities are safe. You want more to be done to ensure your way of life is affordable and taxes don't continue to rise, especially on things like gas, common goods, your businesses, or on your hard-earned income.
I'm working on solutions to do my part to ensure our communities are safe. I'm also fighting hard to ensure the policies we pass aren't increasing your families cost of living.
Keeping our families and communities safe
The opioid crisis has hit so many lives in our district. Whether you've been affected personally, or know someone who has, it's a continued issue where common-sense solutions still lag. I've teamed up with Rep. Mari Leavitt, a Democrat from the 28th District, to make it illegal for someone to have, buy, and/or sell a 'pill press machine' used for homemade drug manufacturing. It's time we stop destructive behavior by removing the tools used to produce harmful and addictive drugs. This bill is a small step in the right direction. You can learn more about our efforts by clicking here.
Fighting to keep our state affordable and accountable
This week, House Democrats passed a controversial low-carbon fuel standard mandate off the House floor on a 52-44 vote. According to the Puget Sound Regional Transportation Fuels Analysis Final Report, this bill would:
- Raise the cost of gas by up to 57 cents per gallon by 2030.
- Raise the cost of diesel by up to 63 cents per gallon by 2030.
- Result in job losses and impacts to many businesses, including our agricultural and farming industries.
House Republicans stood together and fought a hard debate. Click on the image below to watch a short video montage of our floor debate.
We believe a program like this would also:
- Be an expensive and unaccountable state bureaucracy.
- Do very little to benefit our environment and air quality.
- Not generate any new revenue for transportation infrastructure projects.
- Increase the cost of construction and add to the cost of housing.
I'll continue to fight against bad policies like this. We'll see what the fate of this particular bill will be as it moves forward to the Senate. I'll keep you posted.
For more information on this important issue, please click here.
It's an honor to serve you.
430 John L. O'Brien Building | P.O. Box 40600 | Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7866 | Toll-free: (800) 562-6000