Dear Friends and Neighbors,
The 2020 legislative session ended the evening of Thursday, March 12.
We left Olympia with an unsettling feeling of what the future holds. The coronavirus continues to threaten our health, lives, economy and state finances. There are still a lot of concerns, fears, and unknowns surrounding our current way of life.
We did pass a bill before session concluded providing $200 million for coronavirus response. Gov. Inslee has signed this bill into law. It will immediately equip local and state agencies with funding to help in their response efforts to this virus.
It's vital we stick together during this challenging time. I extend my thoughts and continued prayers to everyone throughout our communities and district who have been affected by this virus. I know everyone has been impacted in some way by this “new normal” we're learning to navigate.
In this email update, you'll find critical information to keep you and your families informed. The House Republican Caucus has created a website with local, state and national resources. Our communications staff update this daily. It's a great source of information. I encourage you to bookmark this website. You can access our website by clicking here.
If there's anything I can do to help you, your families, and your businesses, please don't hesitate to contact my office at (360) 786-7866 or by emailing me at Morgan.Irwin@leg.wa.gov. You can always reach out to my Legislative Assistant, Meagan, as well. She's always happy to assist you. Her email is Meagan.Hillier@leg.wa.gov. Truly, we're here for support and to provide you with whatever information and resources we can. I hope you'll reach out.
Together, we'll get through this. God bless you!
Coronavirus | Information and Resources
Information for you and your family
- What You Need to Know (from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Resources for the community
- COVID-19 Cases in the U.S.
- Latest Updates
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
Recent announcements and news releases from the Governor's Office and Department of Health
- Inslee announces statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and expanded social gathering limits | March 16, 2020
- Inslee statement on statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and limits on size of gatherings expanded | March 15, 2020
- Leave some for your neighbors: Don't buy more than you need | March 14, 2020
- State waives costs for COVID-19 testing | March 14, 2020
- Inslee announces statewide school closures, expansion of limits on large gatherings | March 13, 2020
Information for parents from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance & Resources
- Guidance for Long-term School Closures as of March 13, 2020
- School Closure FAQ
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in K–12 Schools: A Parent Guide
Information for employers and employees
Governor's Office | Partial list of resources to support economic retention and recovery related to COVID-19:
- COVID-19 resource list for impacted Washington businesses and workers
- Financial assistance.
- Export assistance.
- Employer and worker assistance.
- Insurance assistance.
Employment Security Department:
U.S. Small Business Administration:
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
Department of Labor:
Department of Financial Institutions:
- Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19
- Accessing Your Financial Institution.
- Unemployment Help.
- Trouble Paying Credit Cards.
- Trouble Paying Your Mortgage.
- Trouble Paying Rent.
- Student Loans Deferment.
- Short Term and Emergency Loans.
- Paying Utilities.
- Insurance Issues.
- Avoiding Scams.
- At Home Financial Education Resources for Students.
- Additional Resources.
Department of Labor & Industries:
- Workers' Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions
- Can COVID-19 ever be allowed as a work-related condition?
- When to file a claim.
- When will a claim likely be denied?
- How can I file a COVID-19 claim?
- Filing a worker's compensation claim: Exposure vs. contraction of COVID-19
- Covered treatment and post-exposure care.
- Additional information on COVID-19.
Office of the Insurance Commissioner:
- Health insurance.
- For insurers and medical providers.
- Travel insurance.
- Other types of insurance
It's an honor to serve you.